Instructions for PSG
What to do (or not do) before coming for a sleep study
- Please eat a normal meal before 7 p.m.
- DO NOT HAVE ANY CAFFEINE (coffee, tea, cola drinks, chocolate) after 12:00 p.m. noon on the day of the test
- On the day of your test, please do not drink any alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, liquor, coolers, "hard lemonade", etc.)
- We strongly suggest you refrain from napping on the day of your test. If you have a tendency to feeling sleepy when you drive, please have someone else drop you off and pick you up the next morning.
Men: If you normally shave, please shave in the evening before you come to the lab. This will help us obtain better recordings. Patients with beards are not expected to shave. Wash your hair.
Women: Wash your hair and abstain from using hair spray. Wash your face but do not use face cream or moisturizers. Wear little or no make-up. Remove nail Polish.
What to bring when coming for a sleep study:
- Appropriate sleepwear, something you feel comfortable in. Do not buy sleepwear for the occasion. Even sweat suits are suitable.
- You are also encouraged to bring your own pillow if it helps you sleep.
- Personal toiletries, (toothbrush, comb, shampoo, etc.)
Pointe-Claire (SouthWest One Complex across Lakeshore General Hospital)175 Stillview, Local 128, Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 4S5
Hours of OperationMonday-Friday 8:00am- 5:00pm
Evenings for Testing: 8:00pm-8:00am
Weekends always available for testing upon request
Tel.: (514) 695-4848
Fax: (514) 695-4308